What Is Six Month Smiles® Short Term Orthodontic Treatment?
Six Month Smiles® short term orthodontic treatment is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics. There is little debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative …
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
Six Months Smiles can be used to successfully treat various orthodontics problems which can include:
- Crowding – teeth are too close together
- Spacing – gaps between teeth
- Overbite – teeth overlap too much
- Overjet – front teeth stick out
- Underbite – lower teeth stick out
- Crossbite – teeth bite on the wrong side of each other
- Openbite – your teeth do not meet when you bite
- Misplaced midline – centre lines of upper and lower teeth don’t align
See the gallery of before and after Orthodontic treatment and smile makeovers by Fox Lane Dental Care.
Q: How can teeth be straightened in only six months with adult braces?
A: The Six Month Smiles technique employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely with clear adult braces. The key components of the treatment are the use of unique, clear braces and a primary focus of moving the teeth that show when you smile.
Q: Six months sounds good, but will I still have a mouth full of metal braces for the whole time?
A: No! Six Month Smiles uses clear braces that are barely visible to gently straighten your teeth.
Q: How are Six Month Smiles braces more comfortable than regular braces?
A: Six Month Smiles uses low force to move teeth gently. Many people think that the accelerated braces treatment means simply “tightening” regular braces to get the teeth moving, but that is not true. Six Month Smiles utilizes standard orthodontic mechanics, but with an emphasis on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the position of your bite.
Q: Do Six Month Smiles braces damage the teeth, roots, or gums?
A: There are no more risks of root damage or other issues than those associated with traditional orthodontics. Since the forces used with Six Month Smiles braces are lighter and teeth are seldom extracted, there are actually even fewer risks involved with Six Month Smiles.
Q: Will I have to wear a retainer?
A: Yes, as with any teeth-straightening treatment a retainer is necessary to maintain the straighter position of your teeth. If you don’t want to wear a removable retainer, you can have a bonded retainer placed. There are a variety of options that you can choose from according to your personal preference and situation.
Q: What’s the catch?
A: There is no catch. If you are an adult (16 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, this could be the solution for you! Most adults ARE candidates for Six Month Smiles.
Cost: from £1700 (upper or lower brace, upper or lower fixed and removable retainer, teeth whitening- normally £300).